Purpose of the consultancy:
UNICEF Bulgaria is seeking a Corporate Fundraising and Engagement Expert to contribute to the successful implementation of the private sector fundraising strategy. The specialist will contribute to the planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a number of fundraising initiatives for key corporate partnerships. The specialist will be part of the Fundraising team and will support the team in the implementation of integrated fundraising campaigns and events.
Under the supervision of the Resource Mobilization Officer and in close cooperation with the Fundraising Officer and Fundraising Assistants, the consultant will support the Country Office to expand, consolidate and leverage a high level network with existing and prospective corporate partners.
:: Build and maintain long-term relationships with strategic corporate partners and prospects from the business community in Bulgaria.
:: Conduct a mapping of potential high value partners from targeted business sectors in the country in consultation with the Resource Mobilization Officer.
:: Support the preparation of partnership proposals and secure initial meetings with prospects Seek opportunities to generate further income through innovative solutions.
:: Support the development and implementation of annual work plans to maximize income generated through existing corporate partnerships via customer fundraising activities, cause related marketing, events, corporate pathways to pledge initiatives.
:: Assist the expansion of the corporate giving programme “Company BLAGODETEL” for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) through direct marketing activities. Support the identification of new opportunities which include payroll & employee giving.
:: Assist in preparing donor reports for corporate partners as per the annual Donor Reports Plan of the Country Office in close cooperation with programme and communication teams;
:: Review UNICEF communication materials and customize them for fundraising purposes related to the corporate partnerships.
:: Support the fundraising team in the implementation of integrated fundraising campaigns and events.
:: Perform other tasks in support of UNICEF fundraising activities upon request.
A full Terms of Reference of this consultancy is available for further reference.
Required education, experience and competencies:
– The successful candidate is expected to have the following competencies:
– University degree in marketing, communication, business administration, social sciences, humanities or related field.
– Five years progressively responsible professional work experience in new business development, marketing, communications, PR.
– Previous experience in private sector fundraising in a not-for profit organization or in corporate social responsibility will be an asset.
– Proven experience of developing a new business pipeline and implementing to successful completion.
– Superior written and verbal communication skills.
– Fluency in Bulgarian language is a fundamental requirement.
– Fluency in English, both written and spoken is a must.
– Flexible, proactive, ability to work under pressure.
– Team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
– Previous experience with UNICEF is an asset.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV in English to the following e-mail: email@example.com with a subject line: Fundraising Consultancy.
Deadline for application: 20th of August 2017