The Federation of Social Associations in Bulgaria (FSSB) is currently looking for candidates to fill one job position within the project «D-Care Labs», Interreg Danube Transnational Program, with the following profile:
The project “Developing Labs to Facilitate Home Care Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Danube Region” aims to establish specialized macroregional D-Care Lab innovation structures to enable social service providers, product developers and social start-ups to design and implement better and innovative home care services and products for elderly persons, people with disabilities and children with special needs in 9 EUSDR countries (DE, AT, HU, HR, BG, RO, RS, BiH, MD). Social innovation labs offer social entrepreneurs/intrapreneurs a space for developing practicable and marketable solutions for societal challenges with the support of various actors (e.g. innovation experts, beneficiary groups, public authorities).
Project starts: 1 June 2020
Project ends: 1 Dec 2022
*Further information regarding the project is available to the applicants upon request.
Main duties and responsibilities (job profile)
The selected candidate shall perform the tasks listed below in the context of the project:
- overall management and leadership of the project activities in Bulgaria;
- responsible for the coordination of all processes related to the implementation of the working packages in Bulgaria, as described in the Project description;
- participation in the management team on the transnational level of the project;
- prepares the progress reports; monitors the activities and seeks solutions to emerging issues;
- monitors and controls project costs according to pre-approved budget and regularly prepares reports on the status of the project – schedule, revenues, costs, risk, etc.
- responsible for the process of ensuring the national co-financing of the project, following the Interreg procedure;
- responsible for the First Level Control procedures and accurate reporting of the project.
- ensures the collection and preparation of documentation necessary for the smooth reporting of the project, including financial documents, but also other documents and materials proving the implementation of the activities.
- plans and organizes procedures for the selection of contractors for external services, in accordance with the requirements of the project and the Bulgarian legislation.
- responsible for the timely execution of all project payments (bank/electronic and cash);
- development of overall communication plan for the Bulgarian activities and support to the partner organization (CEP) in developing the communication and dissemination plan for the whole project;;
- organization of press-conferences, production of press releases and promotional videos;
- preparation of extended list of potentially interested stakeholders in BG;
- responsible for following the internal communication protocols within the partnership and the Graphic Identity Manual;
- according to the agreed communication plan is responsible for the ongoing promotion of the project in BG – newspapers, social media, TVs, participation in events, using and maintaining the social investment network T_3; organisation of international meeting in Sofia, promotion of project results, media coverage.
- elaborates map of social investment stakeholders in BG by applying the guidelines for establishing and maintaining communication with key social investors stakeholders;
- develops a map and a concept for establishing and maintaining business partner network;
- designing and testing formats for matching social entrepreneurs;
- organises the peer-to-peer collaboration and match-making between social entrepreneurs and social investors;
- replaces project staff as needed and performs other specific tasks assigned to him by the Board of FSSB.
Qualification and selection criteria
The selection of the Project Leader will be based on qualifications and criteria listed below. Only candidates that meet the minimum required qualifications will be considered.
- University degree (scientific or economic-related fields, social studies) or equivalent professional experience;
- At least 3 years of professional experience on a position as a project manager or project coordinator at a level comparable to the qualification referred to the position referring to this vacancy;
- Basic knowledge of the topics covered by the project – social innovations, social policy and social services, entrepreneurship;
- Excellent command of English language;
- Good command of the MS-Office suite;
- Previous experience in programme or project management in the framework of EU-funded programmes incl. Interreg;
- Sound knowledge of social innovation policies;
- Experience in social entrepreneurship or start-up incubators programmes;
- Knowledge of another language of the Interreg Programme area;
Desirable personal profile
- Good organisational skills, accuracy and assertiveness;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to respect deadlines;
- Independence combined with co-operative working approach;
- Sense of initiative and ability to anticipate, propose and implement solutions;
- Ambition to work in an international environment;
- Willingness to work on a flexible time schedule and to travel.
Terms and conditions for employment
- The work shall start at the earliest possible date following the conclusion of the selection procedure and will last 30 months.
- FSSB offers labour contract according to the Bulgarian legislation.
- The employment is foreseen on a 40 hours per week basis plus overtime hours depending on needs. Overtime hours carried out in addition to the standard working time can be converted into compensatory time off – with limitations;
- The working place is Sofia. Working from home is an option – with limitations.
- The work of the employee will be supervised and coordinated by the Board of the FSSB;
- The monthly salary will be EUR 15.600,- gross per year (12 payments).
- The working languages are English and Bulgarian.
Submission of application
Interested individuals are invited to apply at the following email address:
The application shall include: A motivation letter in English of no more than one page and a detailed curriculum vitae.