A Program to distinguish business supporting children was launched for the first time in Bulgaria. Companies that show social commitment to children and families are awarded a special certificate “Child Friendly Company” – an initiative of National Network for Children.
Every socially responsible company that develops corporate policies for the benefit of children and families and provides a favorable environment for the employees and their families, can apply for the Certificate.
The procedure for obtaining the Certificate includes detailed review of documents and practices. It is supported by a team of proven experts in the field of human resources, corporate social responsibility and policies for children.
The first companies to received the Certificate “Child Friendly Company”, were Lidl, A1 and Unicredit Bulbank.
“The cause of the Certificate is to connect business to the topics for children and to draw attention of the whole society to the importance of corporate responsibility. Its motto “What is good for the children is good for the business” emphasizes the connection between investment in children and families and the prosperity of society “, said Georgi Bogdanov, Executive Director of National Network for Children.
“The Certificate aims to set a higher ethical and moral standard for the entire Bulgarian business and to be a reliable guide for socially responsible companies. It reflects the need for sustainable business, ethical production and informed consumption “, said Dr. Jane Muita, former UNICEF representative in Bulgaria, on the first certificates ceremony on May 31, 2021.
How the Certificate will be useful to the business and the whole society:
- It is an important element of the public image of the companies
- It will be a legitimate guarantee to state institutions, Bulgarian and international partners for high human resources potential and the highest level of corporate culture
- In the certification process, companies will have the opportunity to increase their corporate social responsibility and to assess HR and PR policies and professional tools, established in the world experience
- The employees loyalty will be increased because they will have the security to work in a responsible company
- By becoming part of the Certificate family the company will support the entire civil sector that works for the benefit of children.
Partners of the program are UNICEF, State Agency for Child Protection, Bulgarian Donor Forum, Bulgarian Association for Human Management, Workshop for Civic Initiatives Foundation.
The initiative is a natural continuation of the 15 years of experience and good practices of National Network for Children, its 140 member organizations and 10 000 professionals. The Network helps more than 140 000 children and over 76 000 families a year.
Find more information on child.bg