During the pandemic, the government did not support civil society organizations in their work to help the most vulnerable children and families. We lost colleagues, friends and volunteers who were on the front line. In the winter of 2020, we were hit by the heaviest Covid wave. That is why we have created an emergency fund for “Children, families and specialist in COVID-19” with the support of the Kahane Foundation – Switzerland.
For 5 months – from December 2020 to April 2021 – the fund supported 2214 children, 971 families and 786 employees and volunteers.
The aid reached 26 settlements across the country, thanks to 43 organizations – members of National Network for Children.
National Network for Children has signed 46 re-grant agreements and 7 applications for additional support to the organizations, meeting their most urgent needs. 46 organizations from all over Bulgaria, working on the front line, received emergency financial assistance for children, families, employees and volunteers in their communities.
We helped with diapers, food, medicine, PCR tests, precautions and other emergency care.
The final report for the realization of the emergency fund “Children, families and specialist in COVID-19” in Bulgaria was finalized.
The work, related to the fund, was in two directions:
- 1st direction “For distressed children and families” – 48 359.80 BGN from the fund were given to organizations and this way we supported 971 families and 2214 children;
- 2nd direction “For specialists, working with children and families, affected by COVID-19” – 21 011.85 BGN were distributed and we supported 786 employees and volunteers;
- Total amount of the Emergency Fund “Children, families and specialist in COVID-19”, received on 14.12.2020, was 71 443.32 BGN or equivalence of 40.000 CHF;
- Administrative costs for executing the activities are 2 071,77 BGN;
- Total spending until 30th April is 71 443.32 BGN.
Watch the video, dedicated to the work on the fund