The position will be based in Sofia, hybrid working model, four days a week, predominantly home-based. The office is in downtown location.
- being family focused;
- being rights-led;
- being inclusive;
- maximizing impact;
- learning from success and from failure.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
Grant-making, contracting and management:
- Assist, under the supervision of the PO, the administration of the grant-making and contracting processes, including but not limited to liaising with grantees and contractors/consultants as needed for due diligence documentation and other information, uploading information to the grants management system, and collaborating closely with the team of SPF to facilitate grants/contracts/payments.
Administration, programme and event support:
- Provide administrative and programmatic assistance as needed to the TDF team, including proactive support around meeting/event planning and execution, travel, expense reconciliation;
- Streamline and maintain programmatic files, work plans, planning calendars, keep grant database up to date;
- Schedule meetings, draft minutes, when required;
- Organize regular meetings with partners and allies in person or online, as planned;
- Assist the PO in ensuring the smooth functioning and operation of the office in Sofia, incl. responsibility for office supplies; liaison with contractors – office rent, IT, insurance, etc., and service providers.
Website and other forms of communication:
- Draft, edit, format PowerPoint presentations;
- Draft content for updates and monthly newsletter;
- Maintain the TDF bi-lingual website (WordPress) up to date by preparing and uploading information.
- Support research on issues in the field and on potential new partners;
- Support, under the supervision of the PO, the TDF operational planning, budgeting and reporting by contributing to the internal reports, budgets, annual work plans and to the reports, briefings and presentations to the Steering Committee and Oak Foundation;
- Contribute, under the supervision of the PO, to the maintenance of the TDF monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) system by conducting research and inputting data and information into the MEL system.
Work with the TDF team to:
- Fulfill ongoing administrative tasks as needed;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Values, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to TDF values
- Very good oral and written communication skills in Bulgarian and in English;
- Sound computer skills – MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel – format, sort, charts, basic functions). Knowledge of WordPress is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently (self-driven) and as part of a team, and to set high-quality standards;
- Strong planning and organizing skills, ability to manage time effectively, efficiency;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility, a growth mindset and discretion;
- Tolerance and respect to diversity;
- Ability, capacity, and desire to travel.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
- University degree in related field;
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience – administrative work preferably working for a not-for-profit or development organization, ideally with international experience;
- Experience in meetings and events planning and management, travel and logistics;
- Understanding of NGO/ IGO budgeting and reporting is highly desirable;
- Familiarity with relevant local, regional and international groups, child rights organizations and networks is desirable;
- Understanding of relevant state structures and government policies is desirable.
- Starting monthly net salary of BGN 1590;
- Working schedule four days a week;
- Temporary employment contract (2 years, renewable)* with CIG Bulgaria Ltd (staff leasing company and employer) and work for recipient company Swiss Philanthropy Foundation;
- International environment, the working language is English;
- Hybrid workspace;
- Additional healthcare package after the probation period.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their recent Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter by April 30th, 2023. Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.