UNICEF Bulgaria is seeking a highly qualified specialist, with significant experience at the national and international levels in social development, management, monitoring and evaluation.
Under the overall guidance of UNICEF Representative, responsible for the coordination, planning, development and management of UNICEF programme of cooperation with the Government of Bulgaria to improve the situation of women and children in the country.
Qualifications and competencies required:
- Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- Ten years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in social development, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the political and policy environment in the country related to the implementation of child rights.
- Knowledge of global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is a must.
– Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
– Core Competencies : Communication , Working with People, Drive for Results
– Functional Competencies: Analyzing; Deciding and Initiating Action; Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Leading and Supervising; Relating and Networking; Persuading and Influencing
Kindly refer to http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_apply.html for more information on the UNICEF Competency Framework.
1. Formulates programme goals and objectives and develops strategies and implementation frameworks. Coordinates preparation of the Country Programme Recommendation, and related documentation. Analyses, evaluates and consolidates programme documentation.
2. Provides overall leadership, guidance and direction for programme planning, implementation and analysis through on-going consultations and inter-sectoral coordination of activities, exchange of information, and sharing experience to achieve programme objectives. Coordinates the major programme evaluation exercises, annual/sector review meetings with government counterparts, prepares work plans and annual/programme status reports. Follows up, coordinating the implementation of the programme recommendation to ensure goals/objectives are met.
3. Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action. Assists government authorities to plan and organize training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
4. As head of a large section, establishes the overall programme work plan, coordinates with communication and operations officers, monitors compliance and performance standards, and provides support and guidance in order to meet objectives.
5. Represents UNICEF in meetings with high level and senior government officials, as well as multi-lateral, bilateral agencies and NGO’s; interacts, negotiates and advocates programme goals and strategies. Identifies strategic alliances, and influences policy development to facilitate achievement of programme goals.
6. Monitors policy and political development at the international, national, regional and provincial levels. Initiates new approaches, including policy and advocacy initiatives and develops methodologies to best meet goals and objectives. Writes position papers for use in the development of the UNICEF programme policy. Participates in various international/national meetings and workshops.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications in English including: a motivation letter, a signed UN Personal History Form (P11 form) and letters of recommendations and references, if any, with subject: “Policy and Knowledge Coordinator” by 10 November 2013 to the following address: Sofia, 87 Kniaz Al. Doundukov Blvd, fl.2 or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply to become a part of our organization.