The Cedar Foundation is hiring a full-time Fundraising Officer for its central office in Sofia.
We are seeking an energetic, pro-active and responsible person who:
- Participates in the implementation of the fundraising strategy of the foundation;
- Conducts research of potential donors and grants;
- Makes calls to potential donors and organizes meetings with them;
- Assists the Executive Director to maintain positive relationships with individual and corporate donors;
- Researches grant opportunities and submits applications;
- Coordinates fundraising events and campaigns;
- Promotes the Cedar Foundation’s activities through different communications channels;
- Produces texts, speeches, press releases, and presentations to ensure that the right message is portrayed to the appropriate audience.
The successful candidate meets the following requirements:
- Holds at least a Bachelor degree in business, marketing, PR or similar sphere;
- Is motivated to work in an NGO, in the very specific area of fundraising;
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Enjoys meeting new people, and networking;
- Demonstrates a high level of energy, creativity and initiative;
- Fluency in the English and Bulgarian languages (written and oral);
- Has a strong sense of personal responsibility, with a strong moral compass and high ethical standards;
- Works effectively within a team;
- Is passionate about social justice and human rights and is skillful in drawing others to the cause;
- Experience in NGO work, fundraising and/or sales is an advantage.
The Cedar Foundation offers:
- Work in a dedicated team for a noble cause;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Many opportunities to meet new people from Bulgaria and abroad.
Required documents for application:
- CV (in English)
- Cover letter (in English)
Candidates for the position may send the required documents to Alexandrina Dimitrova at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 28.03.2017
Position based in: Sofia, with some trips to Kyustendil and Kazanlak.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.
About The Cedar Foundation:
The Cedar Foundation is a Bulgarian non-profit organization that works for positive change in state policies and public attitudes towards disadvantaged children and adults.
We were the first to close down a state-run orphanage for children with disabilities and provoke deinstitutionalization policy in Bulgaria. Since we were established in 2005, we have supported the transfer of over 1500 disadvantaged children and youth from the state orphanages to contemporary family-type centers. Currently, The Cedar Foundation manages 9 social services and provides 24-hour individual care and specialized support to 100 children and young adults, most of whom with disabilities. We constantly develop expertise that we share on the local, national, and international level. We participate in working groups and expert councils with the national authorities in order to achieve full social change in Bulgaria. We also promote volunteering and corporate social responsibility as generators for social change.