The Continental Office CEE/CIS/Baltics seeks a Continental PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR. The post holder will be based in Bulgaria or Romania with a national contract reporting to the Programme Development Department of Continental Office CEE/CIS/Baltics in Vienna.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support and monitor eight SOS Children’s Villages National Associations (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Macedonia, Northern Cyprus, Romania, Serbia) in programme development, including planning, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation of alternative family based care services;
- Consult and monitor implementation of SOS Child protection policy in 24 National Associations in CEE/CIS/Baltics;
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and capacity building of the national staff;
- Contribute to the development of continental guidelines and standards;
- Assist the Programme Head with regard to the administration, documentation, cross-national data capturing and analysis of family based care services in 8 countries;
- Build partnerships on continental level with other organisations working on issues related to community based care for children at risk and advocate on behalf of SOS Children’s Villages.
- Advanced degree in the area of social work, social pedagogy, psychology or international development
- At least 3 years work experience in the field of child protection and care preferably in area of community based child care services, e.g. foster care, small group home, crisis centre
- Knowledge and experience in the area of prevention of separation of children from families, and reintegration
- Experience and knowledge related to the process of deinstitutionalization and child welfare systems in CEE/CIS/Baltics
- Good knowledge of children’s rights, child protection policies and social development issues (gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS)
- Strong experience and skills in project management, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Basic financial and HR understanding
- Experience in organizing and holding workshops and meetings
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Readiness to travel at least 30% of working time
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to work in a virtual team and with people of different national and cultural background
Preferred additional criteria:
- Work experience in an inter-country position
- Experience in community mobilization and development
- Work experience with government authorities
- Diverse and challenging tasks in an international working environment
- Opportunities for further training
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Rosalind.Willi@sos-kd.org by 23rd November putting Continental Programme Development Advisor in the subject line.
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization of more than 130 affiliated national SOS Children’s Village associations worldwide. SOS Children‘s Villages is a non-governmental and non-denominational, child-focused organisation that provides direct services in the areas of care, education and health for children at risk of losing parental care, or who have lost parental care. The organisation also builds the capacity of the children‘s caregivers, their families and communities to provide adequate care. SOS Children’s Villages advocates for the rights of children without parental care and those at risk of losing parental care. Founded in 1949, its operations are guided by the spirit of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.