National Network for Children – Bulgaria started a project “Child Rights Hubs for Children in Conflict and Contact with the Law in Bulgaria”, financed by The Velux Foundations. Expected duration of the project is 36 months, starting from 1 March 2016 г.
The main goal of the project is the development of four Child Rights Hubs in the country and piloting prevention and intervention services targeting children in conflict and in contact with the law.
The specific aims of the project are the following:
- To develop and implement models of services for children in conflict and contact with the law;
- To contribute to changing public attitudes towards children in conflict with the law;
- To support the development of a regional approach of working within the National Network for Children in Bulgaria and its member organizations.
For this purpose an integrated and participatory approach is taken, ensuring that the perspectives of all concerned parties and stakeholders are considered at the different phases of the development process: planning, designing, establishing and evaluating the new services. A special effort of the Hubs will be directed to prevention activities with accent on child abuse, by providing community support services. A broad public participation will ensure the relevance of the interventions, on one hand, and enhance the capacity of local people to understand, apprise and influence the policy, on the other. The project is to merge the experience, expertise and power resources of the partners to build a model of social services so to guarantee the rights of children and young people victims or witnesses of crime, with behavioural problems, in conflict or in contact with law.
Activities of the project:
1. Establishment of 4 Child Rights Hubs to provide social services for children in conflict and contact with law and families and conducting activities in two main directions:
- Prevention – community services with an accent on violence (working with schools, kindergartens, local communities) – with the contribution of NNC’s member organizations;
- Intervention – development and providing services for children and young people in conflict and contact with law and their families.
2. Management and coordination of the activities through NNC Secretariat and its’ regional structure in partnership with the other stakeholders:
- Research and analysis of the situation in the pilot regions;
- Organizing and conducting a selection procedure of NGOs, in partnership with the municipalities, for management of the Hubs;
- Increasing the capacity of all stakeholders through conducting trainings, as well as meeting for exchange of experience and good practices;
- Development of analysis, ex-ante and ex-post evaluation of effectiveness and efficiency of the new provided services;
- Publicity and dissemination;
- Planning and conducting campaigns on the local, regional and national level.