http://www.gavroche-bg.org/ “Gavroche” Association was established in 1994 in Varna, with object of activity: providing complex care and services to children and youngsters at risk from Varna and the region.
The mission “Gavroche” Association is providing complex care service to children and youngsters at risk from Varna and the region.
Purposes of the Association are:
-socializing and integration in the community of children and youngsters at risk;
-prevention of violence and homelessness of children and youngsters at risk;
-development of “Gavroche” Association as a model of prevention, support and chance in life for homeless children;
-popularize the results from working with children on the streets with the purpose of stimulating the establishment of such structures;
Priorities of the Association:
– Work with children on the streets. Educational program- for the children on the streets
– Prevention work with children, in danger of going to the streets with their families
– Work with children who are victims of all forms of violence. Conducting group work on preventing violence.
– Social work in Roma neighborhoods- working there, helping Roma families, educating Roma children, prevention of homelessness among Roma community. Work with Roma leaders.
– Cooperative work with other NPO, state and local government, specialist doctors, teachers, lawyers, journalists.
– Education children and youngsters at risk. School for parents.
– Prevention of violence /physical, emotional, neglect and sexual/ of children and youngsters- we have a developed “Guidance for preventing violence on children” which we use to teach pedagogues, nurses and students across the country.
– Development of “Gavroche” Association as a Resource Center- providing a place for student work experience, practices and working out course and diploma projects. We work with three universities.
– Providing a complex of social services assigned from the state- Shelter for homeless children (capacity-15), Center to work with children from the streets (capacity-20), Protected homes for youngsters who have left institutions (capacity- 2 places with 4 children per each)
“Gavroche” works with volunteers from the country and from abroad.
Varna 9002, Bulgaria
“Voinishka” 3A str.
Phone Number: 052 300 229; Fax: 052 302 341