Together with its members and partners from other EU and international child rights networks, Eurochild engaged in an EU-wide action to make sure that the next EU seven year budget (2014-2020) secures sufficient investment in children.
Eurochild is part of the Children’s Right Action Group (CRAG) which has been closely monitoring the budget negotiations and all instruments that will be relevant for children both within the EU and in its external policies. The group urges the EU Member States to:
- Maintain the level of expenditure for the overall MFF.
- Ensure sufficient spending goes to children.
- Recognise the need for and ensure investment in children.
- Promote social inclusion and combating child poverty.
- Ensure development aid levels that have a true impact on poverty eradication.